Friday, October 23, 2009

Chasing the Dream









Welcome to the Big Show...

Well we are only 5 wins away from achieving the mission statement of this blog... The 27th Championship... All we need is a little middle relieve and some anabolic steroids for Nick Swisher.. ( I mean blame whoever you want but if Swisher has one good at bat this series its a sweep)

I expect the Yanks to close the door on Saturday Night with Andy " I only used HGH when I was injured " Pettite on the mound and get back to their rightful place ...The World Series.... After all they are going back to the Bronx where the stadium should be rocking. We have the better pitcher in game 6 and if something bad does happen we still have CC.. ( BTW. Thank God for CC. This guy has been a rock since mid July) I am very confident in the yanks closing the door in game 6.. HOWEVER..



Here is the thing.. If the Yankees had not blown that lead against the Red Sox ( Just threw up in my mouth) then I would not even be the slightest bit worried... I know it was 5 years ago and basically the whole Yankee roster has changed since that fateful night... BUT I still worry.. Is it really impossible that Andy will have an off night OR Joe Girardi will have another melt down...The funny thing is that all my life as a sports fan I have always said that managing a baseball team is the most overrated job in the whole world.. I mean how hard can it be when you have a 200 million dollar pay roll... However, Joe Girardi has shown that you do need to have a brain rather then a book ...The crazy thing is that the Yanks were supposed to be far ahead of Anaheim in the pen and that has not been the case... Hughes and Chamberlain have looked like Coke and Aceves .. ( Wait they both have been pitching in the playoffs?? Thanks Joe) . Back to Joe..He looks like he has a serious case of Hemorrhoids on the bench and he simply can not sit still.. If he makes the right moves in game 3 perhaps the series is already over...

Now as promised I need to stick my foot in my mouth.. I spent the past 5 years railing on A Rod using basically every expletive I know.. His performance these past two weeks have made me say the one thing I never wanted to... I was wrong.. I would like to apologize to Alex and his family.. The man has been hitting like no one I have ever seen before... I still Hate him.. That's my own issue... I cant even explain it...

OK So here is the deal ..Game 6 Andy Pettite vs Joe Saunders... 6 wins down 5 to go...

Running Diary of Game 6 in 30 hours and counting ....

GO YANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment