Monday, September 14, 2009

All My Rowdy Friends are here on Monday Night




Welcome to the Big Show...

After a 3 month Hiatus it is good to be back.. Hey what really happens from July through Mid September in sports anyway....

Now it is Football Season .. Thank G-d its back . Also returning is Fantasy Football.. It is amazing how much it has changed Football in the past ten years..

It is amazing how differently you watch an NFL game as a fantasy owner then as an NFL Fan... I actually watched the Giant game with a Giant fan yesterday who was openly rooting for Clinton Portis.. Honestly, I can not say I blame him...At least he Will win in week 1. This is why tonight's Pats - Bills game actually means something.. Let me explain

After my team slept through week 1, I am currently down by 40 points (thats right 40) to none other then Michael Wegh.( A.K.A. My arch rival..) I have not been this afraid to make contact with him since Boston lost to Orlando in the NBA Playoffs. (*&#$**!@) Why am I down by 40 ?? You will have to ask Michael BURNER ( Please.. I Could have out ran him yesterday) Turner why he decided to pick up 5 whole fantasy points for me yesterday .. Also I would like to thank Bernard Berrian for being so tough and deciding to play through whatever injury he has only to get me a whole zero catches for zero yards...GO to Hell Bernanrd


Here is the thing... I have Tom Terrific Brady as my starting QB.. ( It is amazing how fast you can go from hating someone to loving them just by drafting them in fantasy)I also have the Bills Kicker going tonight.. ( that's right I don't even know his name .. I am screwed) So here we go ..we need 40 points ( Nearly Impossible) from those two guys to pull of the Giant upset...



Get it Giant Upset.. Ill be here all week..

Also did I mention that I picked the Patriots in my survivor pool..If I don't win week 1 fantasy I will survive.. If I don't win week 1 survivor I will go to New England Murder Tom and Gissele and sell there body parts on Ebay ( Just Kidding .. Maybe) There is no way Buffalo can win this one..

For a pregame analysis of my chances we go to Daniel from Boston who is on the field.. Daniel?

40 points? its possible. odds go up slightly cause its Belichek and it just might be a F you we're back game to the NFL
him getting 4 tds is certainly certainly possible
they might get 2 in the first two drives
and then its just two more the rest of the game. i mean, buffalo isn't known for their defense ... Thanks Daniel

Here is a running diary of the game...

6:50 PM - TV ON ... Pats wearing the Old Uniforms .. They actually look good. Wish I could go to work tomorrow in a retro suit.. maybe a hat with a feather... Pretty excited about it... I have convinced my self that this will be like 50 -21 pats with Tom throwing 5TD's ( still might not be enough)

6:59 Here is a Stat for the Bills fan .( If there are any) . The Pats have won 16 of the last 17 against Buffalo... Not a good omen..

7:06 The Guys in the booth discuss Terrel Owens and his ability .. Over under 1.5 Quarters until Owens yells at Trent Edward or his coach..Ill take the under..

OK Back to the Fantasy Football... We need 40 points let count it down .. You gotta Believe

7:11 Here comes Tom.. Come on let's go deep on the first play.. BTW ..The refs look like they are selling Ice Cream.. Hey ..Theres an idea for a TO Touchdown celebration..

7:24- Brady to Moss for 19 .. Were on the Board.. Down by 39.. Look out Michael.. I can feel the momentum shift...


7:39 Touchdown... Buffalo?? What the hell is going on here.. They just looked like Pats.. Extra Point is good ... Down by 38.. UM I picked New England in Survivor.. I am not saying I am worried. I am just saying I am goggling selling body parts... First Quarter over.. Brady has 1 Point .. 1.. Not the comeback I was looking for.. On the bright side only three weeks until the Yanks take the first step to the the 27th Championship..

7:54 - T.O. drops his first ball of the year.. Get your popcorn ready.. Has there ever been a more overrated Football player?.Wait Brett Farve.. Lets call it a tie... Favorite TO Moment ... No doubt.. It is this one.



8:01 Brady to Welker.. Get in Get in.. No tackled at the 1.. They better throw it...

8:09 Touchdown ... Rushing Touchdown.. *%$** .. Useless.. It is as if Bill Bellicheck doesn't know that I need Passing Touchdowns.. Let's go down to Daniel on the field to see if can talk to Bill. Daniel.. Thanks Big Show .. Well I tried to get down to talk to Coach Bellichek but he just shook my hand and walked away... Class.. Back to you in the booth..

8:21 UM.. Pick Six for Buffalo.. That may be the worst case scenario... Its official I am angry .. I need a spark .. Quick someone start a dog fight..

8:35 Pats kick a field goal.. At the end of the half 14-10 Buffalo.. I have made up 6 of the 40 points.. My cursing is as loud as Chris Berman's tie.. ( I just thought of something if the Pats lose at home to Buffalo is it possible that the Jets would be favored against the Pats next week .. (This week's sign of the Apocalypse)

8:54 They showed a commercial for Madden 10 . Just curious.. We all know Madden is retired yet they still make the game.. Guess that is fine .. I mean he was basically retired the past few years.. (Yeah He was that BAD).. But what about when he dies.. Will they still do Madden in 2030 .. Just curious.. I wonder if they will put a picture of his casket on the cover . That has to be some kind of Madden jinx..

9:05 Pats stopped on 4th down.. Forget Fantasy . That's over.. But Survivor.. Come on .. This is pathetic..I feel Like Byung Yung Kim after game 5 of the world series.. Just bow my head and walk off the mound...

9:11 Field Goal Good for Lindell. Yay 4 points.. I can't take this anymore.. I can feel the 500 dollars slipping away..OK I'll do anything for a Pats TD Daniel tell Belichek to get out the tapes..Daniel? Well I think you underestimating the money you could make by the body parts thing... People will actually pay for that.. Thanks Daniel.. Side line reporting truly at its best..

9:20 Just a did a little research .. The Bills have not beaten the Pats since 2003..Seems like a lock. Right ..Right.. God Damnit

9:45 Touchdown Buffalo.. 24-13 Huge Upset. Lost Fantasy ..About to lose Survivor.. I hate the PATS.. Never come through in the clutch.. Feel like A Rod Hate..Bow your head and walk of the field..


9:55 Touchdown Pats .. There is life. 24-19..

9:57 FUMBLE.. THIS IS WHY I LOVE SPORTS.... I DON'T BELIEVE IT.. I got a shot...

10:02 Touchdown Pats..UM..Speechless... Thats called pulling it out on the river...

1012: Pats Win.. CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY.. I got nothing else to say

We are all followers..

4 comments:

  1. Buffalo's kick returner is just that dumb.

    And I agreed with you about TO being overrated, until they flashed that graphic on screen that he's second all time in receiving touchdowns. I never realized. Can't hate on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to stanley, the tony sirigusa of football blogging: love the take, but you cant say t.o. is that overrated just because you hate the guy. dont get me wrong, hes not gonna dating my sister anytime soon, but you cant argue with his talent and numbers. also why you picking the pats in survivor? just pick whoever plays detroit. or whoever plays the bears. jay cutler sucks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!*

    Guess who's back??**

    WOW.***

    * = (TV Reference)

    ** = Musical Reference

    *** = Good to have you back, bud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. regarding favre, he had a solid defense in GB and a great defense now with minn. so since he isn't the brett he used to be people overrate him alot. I think that favre in purple isn't a good signing for the long term obviosly. but the reason why they should have signed him is because favre changes the defenses mindset and playcalling and scares them into more zone coverage which opens up passing lanes and tight spots for favre to throw to. but with T. jackson they can use him in the wildcat and mix it up with Peterson and most likely be pretty successful

    ReplyDelete